We appreciate the thorough and useful reviews of and contributions to this book by the following individuals:
- Hedeff Essaid, Research Hydrologist, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, California, USA;
- Helen Seyler, Hydrogeologist, Delta-h Groundwater Systems, Cape Town, South Africa;
- Keith Lucey, Hydrologist, U.S. Geological Survey, Arvada, Colorado, USA;
- Mary Anderson, Professor Emeritus, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA;
- Maris Sunaitis, Hydrogeologist, Delta-h Groundwater Systems, Cape Town, South Africa; and,
- Judith Schenk, Senior Project Manager, Lytle Water Solutions, Highlands Ranch, CO, USA.
We thank John Cherry and Eileen Poeter for their continued encouragement and suggestions. We greatly appreciate the input and assistance from Virginia McGuire for High Plains aquifer information; from Marcy Konikow for Figures 2 and 3; from Heather Welch for data on the Big Sunflower River; from Carmen San Juan and Don Sweetkind for Figure 14; from Paul Barlow for Figures 8a, 15, and 16; and from David Prudic for the Paradise Valley case study, background discussions, and illustrations. We are grateful for Amanda Sills’ oversight and production of this book and to Elhana Dyck for copyediting, both of the Groundwater Project, Guelph, Ontario, Canada; as well as the support of Everton de Oliveira of the Groundwater Project, São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.